Toi Toi Manawa is dedicated to funding social enterprises that will inspire, connect and engage communities.
Within this pursuit, the role of the Toi Toi Foundation is to provide Toi Toi Manawa grants for social enterprises working with our community.
- Social Enterprise working with youth (0-25 years) with exceptions at the discretion of Trustees.
- The project/event must cover well-being and/or health with food as a key component.
- Have a business coach or create an advisory group. (Toi Toi Manawa offers support with this.)
Applicants must fulfil all three criteria. If you are unsure about whether your project/event meets our Criteria, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss this prior to applying.
Terms and Conditions:
For grants over $5k:
- Short-listed applicants must allow us to upload their video presentation to the Toi Toi Manawa website.
- Successful applicants must present two follow-up face to face presentations to the Trustees.
- Successful applicants agree to actively work with other Toi Toi Manawa grant recipients.
For all grants:
- Funding will be provided to successful applicants in 1-3 instalments.
- Successful applicants agree to have their project/event featured on the Toi Toi Manawa website.
What is a Social Enterprise?
Put simply, a Social Enterprise is a business created to further a social purpose in a financially sustainable way.
A Social Enterprise is a revenue-generating business with primarily social objectives whose surpluses are reinvested for that purpose in the business or in the community, rather than being driven by the need to deliver profit to shareholders and owners.
Social Enterprise applies an entrepreneurial approach to addressing social issues and creating positive community change.